I have a personal deadline to complete my thesis by January 2018, and now has been the perfect time for me adopt some productive habits. I am quite an organised person but I will be turning 28 this September, so want to adult properly. Here are 5 of my new productive habits that I try and engage in on a daily basis:
- Meditation: I have recently started meditating each morning. I cannot recommend the app Headspace enough. I realise many people find this uncomfortable but all you have to do is try and it only takes up 6 minutes a day. It does make all the difference.
- Maintaining a Progress Journal: I try and maintain a progress journal daily. In the evening, I write in all that I have accomplished on that day. This is great as it helps you look back and see what you have accomplished that week or that month. I keep a list in Asana of all the tasks I need to accomplish.
- Taking Breaks: Many people often overlook taking breaks. Breaks are great for gaining perspective and going back to a task refreshed. I use the Tide app which is great as I perform tasks in 25 minute chunks and then take a 5 minute break to get a snack or make a cup of tea. It is even more essential to shut down at the end of the day and take a break each day.
- Waking up Early: Waking up early is one of the best habits. Waking up early also means sleeping early, to be productive it essential to sleep early. Getting 7-8 hours of sleep is essential for one to be productive.
- Drinking Water and Eating Fruit: It is easy to get into the rut of drinking a gazillion cups of coffee or tea each day. Nothing helps stay focused like drinking water and replacing sugary snacks with fruits. It is really good for your skin too.
I realise sometimes it’s not always easy to remain motivated and productive. I have some hacks that help me to stay motivated.
- Watch Youtube Productivity Videos
- Watch an Inspiring Ted Talk
- Tidy Up for 20 minutes exactly to clear your head
- Create a Study/Work sanctuary as you will be spending a significant part of your day in your study or office.
- Read a quick book on Blinkist
It is important to note that you have to be disciplined with the hacks as you may get carried away and spend your entire day cleaning or on Youtube. Research has shown that serial procrastinators and workaholics have the same mindset – making it essential to exercise discipline. Remember good things come to those who work hard.
Fan of the Chanel Tweed Boucle Jackets, but don’t quite wish to spend the £££. Well Zara have the perfect alternative, the Zara Jacket is perfect with silver thread running through it and four pockets just like Chanel. Still available in some of the Zara stores if you are lucky at £29.99(Orginally £89.99).
Spring is here and the sun is shining bright outside. A season change is always a good excuse for a wardrobe revamp. My friend Sabrina and I have picked out our favourite spring jackets.
L-R Round Neck Coat with Zips by Zara, Yellow Coat with Pockets by Zara, Collarless Wool Cocoon Coat by Valentino , Alisia floral down Jacket by Moncler, Crystal Collar Coat by Ted Baker, Daytona Cotton Coat by L.K. Bennett